Experienced. Accessible. Affordable.
When you choose the Law Office of Martin J. Greenberg, LLC, you benefit from forty-plus years of experience from an internationally-renowned authority in the area of sports law. But that’s not all. You will have access to Martin J. Greenberg, not a junior associate—every time.
Greenberg Law Office looks forward to putting our expertise and accomplishments in the following sports law practice areas to work for you:
Greenberg has a variety of sports law experiences, including:
- Legal counsel for a major collegiate conference relative to formation and negotiation of Commissioners Agreement, Formation Agreement, and Conference Bylaws
- Legal counsel for a professional billiards tour, which included the drafting of Bylaws, Commissioner Agreement, Standard Player’s Agreement, TV agreements, Cross-Endorsement Agreement, Trading Card agreements, and Promoter and Venue Agreements
- Legal counsel in contract negotiations for basketball, football and soccer players, general managers, athletic directors, trainers, and sports broadcasters and college and professional coaches
- Legal counsel to Yesterday’s Negro League Baseball Players Association
- Created the legal documentation for a professional basketball league in South Africa
- Representing a prospective owner in the acquisition of a minor league baseball team
- Representation of ownership groups in attempts to acquire NBA and NFL teams
- Part of a group attempting to bring Major League Soccer to Milwaukee.
- Was a member of the Commission that drafted the Wisconsin Sports Agent legislation
- Was responsible for creating a program (Reduce Your Risk) for Milwaukee Public Schools regarding issues of risk management in high school athletics
- In conjunction with Time Warner Sports, hosted a television program—the first sports business show in the United States—entitled $portsBiz, which included guests such as former MLB Commissioner Bud Selig, Green Bay Packers President Mark Murphy, University of Wisconsin Athletic Director Barry Alvarez, former Milwaukee Bucks owner Herb Kohl, and former Head Basketball Coach Rick Majerus, to name a few.
- Worked on creating an international soccer festival and tournament.
- Represented a promoter of a college All-Star Football Game.
- Has consulted with coaches, parents, and student athletes relative to alleged abuse in college athletic programs.
You will also benefit from a passion for the industry. Greenberg believes so strongly in sports law that he founded the National Sports Law Institute at Marquette University Law School in 1989, and Marquette University Law School is noted to have the best sports law program among United States law schools. The Institute has created the Martin J. Greenberg Award for Excellence in Sports Law. He has written extensively on various subjects regarding the law of sports and has participated as an international lecturer on the subjects.
Martin J. Greenberg is a principal in The Gamebreakers, LLC., which specializes in the negotiation of contracts for college coaches, college athletic directors, college presidents, and sports broadcasters.